At Baskerville School the purpose of the Science curriculum is to
· develop a curiosity about natural processes and the world around us, and to develop scientific knowledge and understanding of these processes.
· make predictions about cause and effect, and offer explanations for events in the world around us.
· know how scientific knowledge has, and continues to impact on our lives.
· understand the important of evidence based investigations when making decisions or developing a scientific argument, and to develop the use of Scientific language.
· develop healthy and environmentally sustainable lifestyle choices.
Practical Science lessons are delivered in our well-equipped Science laboratory, and we also make use of our extensive school grounds to enrich our Science curriculum.