PE lessons are taught in our school gym where a wide range of equipment is available. Students also access off-site activities such as swimming, and are encouraged to participate in local and national competitive sports events in which the school has had a great deal of success.
Through our PE curriculum, students are encouraged to
· develop awareness of their own body and space.
· develop balance, coordination and agility.
· master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching.
· continue to develop and apply a broader range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways and to link them to make sequences of movement.
· acquire and develop basic skills in a variety of sports.
· play simple games and follow rules
· participate in activities that develop communication, collaboration and promote competition.
· develop understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports, and learn how to recognise and evaluate their own success.
· develop their leadership skills
· enjoy and develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activities and have a good understanding of what it means to be fit, and what contributes to a healthy lifestyle.
· develop the knowledge, understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes necessary for physical, mental and emotional wellbeing now, and in the future.