Art, Textiles & Resistant Materials
Lessons are taught in our fully equipped specialist Art room and Resistant Materials workshop.
During lessons, our students are encouraged to
· explore and compare a wide variety of materials through the senses – experiencing their properties – for example texture, colour, shape, hardness.
· express a preference when given a choice of material, and make reasoned choices from a selection regarding a suitable material for a purpose.
· develop a repertoire of techniques and skills of increased complexity, including the use of machines and tools to create an artefact which evokes a sense of achievement and fulfils a basic brief.
· decide on appropriate techniques and tools to use for a given situation.
· develop resilience and problem solving skills by carrying out reflective evaluations of their own work, and suggesting improvements or alternatives.